Simple actions that have real benefits for you and the environment
Here are 6 ways to change your life for the better &
have a positive impact by reducing carbon emissions & ocean pollution, bringing colour back to the world's reefs!
Take yourself or your dog for a walk & collect rubbish regularly! Plastic makes up the majority of litter - the more we collect the better off every part of the environment! When plastic comes into contact with coral, the likelihood of disease rises from 4% to 90%! Sea birds & ocean creatures are dying consuming plastic, mistaking it for food.
• Cash from Return & Earn (see below)
• Reduce ocean pollution & ocean-borne diseases
• Feel good about every single bit of litter you remove from nature
Food scraps in your kitchen bin produce methane which has a global warming potential 34x greater than CO2! Compost scraps to reduce methane, landfill & improve your garden! Even if you live in an apartment, read on...
• Free nutrients for soil, homegrown veggies & herbs
• Reduce methane & global warming
• Reduce waste going to landfill
REDUCE ELECTRICITY USE & COST
There are myriad ways to reduce your use of electricity in the home & workplace. By following a simple checklist over time you can make reductions across all areas of your home and business.
• Save money on your electricity bills
• Reduce CO2 emissions & global warming
• Bring colour back to the world's reefs - together we can have a direct impact
RETURN & EARN RECYCLING
Return cans, glass & plastic bottles that you use at home or pick up when out & about to earn cash!
Did you know - a recycled glass bottle uses a whopping 70% less energy to produce than a new one!
• Earn 10c per returned item
• Reduce carbon emissions through recycling
• Reduce the production of virgin materials
REDUCE / REFUSE / REUSE / RECYCLE
Stuffocation is a modern problem, reflect on your consumption and you'll see that a lot of what you consume is based on over-convenience & habit. You don't need so much STUFF and can reuse, resell, and buy second hand.
• Save cash / make cash
• Avoid stuffocation, value experiences over stuff
• Reduce the energy & virgin resources used to produce stuff, & single use items, thereby reducing CO2 emissions, global warming & waste
REDUCE YOUR TRANSPORT POLLUTION
Reducing our transport carbon footprint and changing how & why we move around is crucial. Consider different options for different types of trip, shared transportation, fuel & vehicle types, timing & necessity.
• Public or shared transport is cheaper than private
• Walking or cycling improves fitness & experience
• Reduce CO2 emissions & carcinogenic fumes
GUIDE COMING SOON >>